Team Building That Makes Your Team Thrive
Length: 1 day
Program Summary: Become a more proactive and productive team member by learning how successful
teams function to achieve stellar results. Identify the obstacles that your team faces, and gain an understanding
of why "trust" plays such an important role in teamwork. Explore numerous ways to improve communication
to enhance relationships with team members. Whether your team is functioning well or could use some
work, learn how to incorporate useful "tools" to assist your team during meetings, as well as avoid conflicts
with people that do not think like you. Your entire team will benefit from this opportunity to explore new
concepts and "think out of the box."
What you will learn:
- Powerful communication skills that impact and influence others
- How to use techniques such as brainstorming and consensus
- How to be a more effective participant at meetings
- Social styles and how they influence others
- Team stages of development
- The value of team member "feedback"
- Obstacles facing every team
How you will benefit:
- Reduce conflict by using more effective people skills
- Become familiar with all aspects of working as a team
- Improve productivity by communicating better with "other" styles
- Become more comfortable with team member feedback
- Increase team creativity
- Strengthen and practice communicating in a team setting
A leadership version of this is available "Leadership Through Teamwork"
"Simulation" Team Building Activities
"Kids Play Toy Company"
Ø Tasks and roles are assigned to "set-up" this simulation
Ø The team is challenged to design a new product
Ø Interruptions, and change of direction are thrust upon the teams, challenging their focus and task completion
"Black Bears in the Great Smoky Mountains"
Ø Challenges teams to make quality decisions under pressure
Ø Utilizes team synergy to "save" the injured scout leader
Ø Teams decide which of 5 actions to take, and 10 items to secure their survival
"Tall Ships" - teams complete a competitive ship building
Ø Continuous improvement
Ø Be There
Ø Make Their Day
Ø Choose Your Attitude
"Mars Surface Rover" - teams build a mars rover while relying on the success of each others
Ø Task completion
Ø Common goals
Ø Continuing interaction
Ø Valuing diversity
Ø Creating a supportive environment
"Communication Derailed" - a simulation that demonstrates the importance of good communication, and the profound effects of poor communication.
Ø Negotiate shared meanings
Ø Give and received feedback to address communication problems
Ø Share relevant information
Ø Listen actively
Ø Ask questions
Ø Inform new members of team communication norms
NOTE: The above "simulations"can be stand used as alone activities or incorporated with a full day program.